Friday, February 15, 2008

The day after - Valentine's Day

I am recovering from Valentine's Day. My sister in law's Mom owns a small town flower shop and I've helped out on V-Day for at least 11 of the 13 years she has owned it. It's crazy! They can still deliver to the schools so most kids get a balloon and candy or something. She ordered 400 mylar balloons and we sold them ALL! Wednesday was a 14 hour day and I worked about 5 hours yesterday. Today I am tired and my back is sore! Of course they have over a week of preparing and I'm whining about 2 days. I won't say it is "fun" but it's a whirlwind couple of days and it is enjoyable to hang out with some nice people/family. Of course we sold a lot of roses too and they design some beautiful arrangements.

My husband doesn’t mind me helping because after it’s over I don’t care about getting anything for Valentine’s Day! Well except for dinner out…
Last night - it was pizza delivered…
Tonight - we are going out to the new Italian place in town and both daughters are joining us!

I’m looking forward to visiting with daughter #1 about her trip to San Diego last week.

Happy day after Valentine’s Day!

1 comment:

Christina @ Cookies are my Canvas said...

UGH, I know that feeling! I worked at a flower shop in high school as the delivery girl! Valentine's Day was enough to make me NEVER want flowers again on V-Day! ha